The first Higher Forestry School was founded in Athens in 1917. In 1927, it relocated to Thessaloniki, and became one of the first schools of the Faculty of Physics and Mathematics of the newly founded Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. In 1937, the School of Agriculture and the School of Forestry were organized into a new faculty, the Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry. In 1981, the School of Forestry was organized into a single-school faculty, the Faculty of Forestry and Natural Environment, and operated as an independent faculty for the first time in the history of forestry education in Greece. In 1982, the Faculty was renamed to School of Forestry, and in 1983 to School of Forestry and Natural Environment.
Source: https://www.auth.gr/en/for accessed on 12/03/2021.